Saturday, December 29, 2012

MentalWard, PsychoWard, Really? Finding a Name for my Blog

When a friend asked me a couple of years ago, "when are you going to start a blog?", I laughed and said never. Yet, here I sit this morning writing my first blog, after an hour and a half of 'name not available'. It became a game, choosing a name for my blog, searching random names such as 'mentalward, psychoward, really?'. Yep, really, was taken also.

I decided that creating a blog would be a good idea as we move into the New Year, the ascension, the shift, the 'I don't know if the Mayans were messing with us' period of human confusion or is that consciousness. . . The Partzheimers (I only remember parts) sometimes kicks in and I am not certain. Of course, a lot of people are uncertain of what is actually occurring in these changing times. The only certainty is that people have questions, and I hope I can provide some answers through this blog . . . at least for a few.

I know a couple of people who have the 'habit' of being happy all the time. And yes, it is a habit. A habit is something that you do unconsciously without thought; how we create habits is through repetition. Unfortunately I know many more people with the habit of being 'unhappy'. Habits are those things that rule our lives, and once you develop a habit by training your brain to make it an unconscious part of your routine, it is difficult to break it. There are quite a few ways that habits are created. We consciously do things over and over and eventually we do them without thinking about it. Such as locking your car when you get out of it. Habits are also created by the language that we use to talk to ourselves and by the generic responses that we give to others,

What you say to yourself when you first wake up in the morning sets the entire tone for your day. Do you have the habit of saying "ugh its Monday, I have to go to work?" or do you say "woohoo its Monday and I am alive!".

What self talk habits are designing your day, week, year....your life? Are your moments filled with Joy or Sorrow and how are you affecting that?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on a Great First Blog. I think I just talk to myself too much. Your post caught my eye as I sit here wondering what or even if I should start a blog, well, I have but it needs a focus lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Kimberly. Let the writing begin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the happy chaos that is blogging :-) Oh, and "Woo-hoo, it's Saturday evening and there's snow!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Tracie.... haha Thanks Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere Kimberly! It's a fun place, enjoy!
    Harmony,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are multitalented and spiritually oriented... Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiring others to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete